Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yeh, I'm back! So few films have come out that there was little to do but sit back and knit socks. No literally, I sat and knit socks. They're lovely.
Insidious seemed to me to be a modern take on Poltergeist. It's got the whole haunted child thing going on with a modern twist. First of all I appreciate the Hitchcockesque take on dramatic music. It was very reminiscent of Vertigo music. Secondly, I appreciated a nice combination of humor and creepiness.
The story surrounds a family with a haunted boy that is in a coma. The creepy things happen and the family calls in a lady that isn't quite as cool as Tangina. You're wondering who that is aren't you. She's the cool "come towards the light" lady.
The ghost hunter guys add the humor that keeps you pulled in towards the end and I appreciated it.
I won't lie to you, the end is weird. That's all I can say about that.
All in all I enjoyed the movie. I felt my skin crawl a lot and it was well done. I would give this film a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment