Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nightmare on Elm Street 2010


I went into this one with pretty low expectations. How can you possibly hope to recreate a classic? I know, I know...Rob Zombie pulled it off with Halloween but this is different. I don't know if it was my low expectations or if the film is just pretty good, but I wasn't dissapointed. First of all, it didn't try to totally remake and update every concept like so many remakes do. The inverse is that it wasn't the same movie minus the mullets but plus cell phones. I believe it did Freddy justice. They made him much more burn victim looking and a little creepier. He still donned his striped sweater and was able to make an enormous amount of sparks by scraping his blades along pipes...classic. There are a few scenes that take you back to the original and I appreciate that.
So let's get down to it. It's decently gorey. There's definitely a good amount of blood and general slicing. Heck, at one point she's swimming in blood. There are not really any guts or innards if you're into that. The scripting...not complex but why would it be? The cinematography...nothing to get excited about. But again, it doesn't have to be. That's always just a wonderful added bonus. All in all I think this one gets an A-. It's fun, it's bloody and it's always Freddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment